Vintage dress sewing pattern from 1942 – Simplicity 4427.
** The pattern I have for sale has a black and white cover illustration. I included the photo of the colour version just for interest. **
- The pattern pieces and instructions are complete.
- The envelope has partly come apart at one side.
- One of the bodice pattern pieces is made from a different paper to the rest of the pieces. However, it looks like it is the original piece due to the perforations showing the pattern piece identifier ‘D’.
- Single-sized, unprinted pattern, size 12 (30″ bust, 25″ waist, 33″ hip).
- “Junior Misses’ And Misses’ Daytime or Evening Dress. The bodice is slimly dart-fitted and joins the gathered skirt in a scalloped seam. In Style 1 a pointed collar trims the neckline. In Style 2 the heartshaped neckline, front button closing and skirt are trimmed with braid. In Style 3 neckline, sleeves and bodice edge are outlined with lace. Make the sleeves three-quarter length or short.”